Description: Self-service instructions for onboarding a company owned computer
Time to Complete: 30 minutes with appropriate internet connection
Purpose: This is an instructional article that will assist the target audience in understanding how to onboard a company onboarding computer to be managed by Ariento.
- End Users: All, Company Onboarding Representative
- Staff: All
Examples of when to use this article:
- A new user has joined the company and is issued a computer
- Company onboarding representative is pre-onboarding a computer for a future user
- A user is receiving a new computer and needs to onboard it
Before We Start:
- Computer must meet Ariento minimum specifications
- Computer must be brand new or factory reset
- Computer must be company owned, DO NOT onboard a personal computer
Internet download speed must be greater than 50 Mbps at https://www.speedtest.net/ for successful onboarding
- To improve internet speed move closer to your router and/or hard wire plug directly into the router.
1. REQUIRED: Click here to schedule an appointment to PRE-onboard the computer with an Ariento representative PRIOR to new user starting
2. Click here to schedule an appointment for user to onboard the computer with an Ariento representative. Please note: Computer MUST be pre-onboarded by company onboarding rep first.
- If the computer you are using isn't a brand new computer, please Factory Reset the device
Click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
Click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Start up your new device and begin the Windows Out of Box Experience.
- On the Sign in with Microsoft screen, type your work or school email address.
- On the Enter your password screen, type your password.
- Complete the Out of Box Experience
- Verify your device is now joined to your organization's network.
Open Settings, and then select Accounts.
Select Access work or school, and make sure you see text that says something like, Connected to <your_organization> Azure AD.
7. If computer was not onboarded by primary user of workstation, primary end user name and device serial number must be submitted to Ariento for proper assignment on backend.
Relevant Articles/References (Links):